Monday, November 23, 2009

Health Care Reform

What can I do let my voice be heard in Congress concerning the Health Care Debate?

Is your Representative Listening? Give them a grade!

Great Links on Healthcare:

Did you Know?

  • The new bill will require companies who provide full-coverage (100%) insurance plans for individuals and families to pay a 40% excise tax.

L.A. Times, "Democrates risk taxing the wealthy for healthcare."

  • The new bill will require ALL Americans to BUY Insurance.

See CNNMONEY, "WRAPUP 5-Healthcare bill gains ahead of U.S. Senate test."

  • The new bill will cost $1.5 Trillion (probably more) the first 10 years, and rise in cost every year!
  • When Medicare costs are cut, private insurance rates increase to make up the difference. This is called Cost Shifting.

See The Heritage Foundation, "The Senate Health Care Bills: $1.5 Trillion Sticker Shock."

  • 16% of Americans feel the current healthcare bill will cut costs. 60% believe costs will increase under the new bill.
  • 68% of Americans currently have health care that they rate as good or excellent.

See USA Today, "Poll: Americans want health care bill, but not the cost."

Please post facts you've learned.

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend checking out some of Ann Coulter's articles about health care (anncoulter.com) and my sister's blog, hersheyfamiliesforfreedom.blogspot.com

    Make our voices heard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alanna sent me your blog address (I'm her younger sister). Thanks for working on this, it's such an important issue!! You've got a great blog, I'll be sure to keep checking it out. Do you mind if I link it to my blog (the Hershey blog Alanna listed)?

    ReplyDelete